British Association of Dangerous Goods Professionals

Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser - DGSA - Do I Need One?

If you transport dangerous goods, as defined in the UK’s CDG Regs or the ADR Agreement, and undertake any of the following activities, you need to appoint a DGSA:

  • Consign dangerous goods for transport
  • Carriage of dangerous goods by road

Or the related activities of:

  • Packing
  • Loading (and unloading)
  • Filling

Or, as described on the “GOV.UK” website:

You must have a dangerous goods safety adviser (DGSA) if you transport dangerous goods unless:

  • you only do it occasionally, for example breakdown recovery vehicles
  • you’re only receiving the dangerous goods (you’re the ‘consignee’)
  • they’re in ‘limited quantities’
  • you’re moving them a very short distance by road, for example between buildings on an industrial estate
  • you’re using private vehicles

ADR allows some very specific exemptions, which have been implemented in the CDG Regs. However! The GB exemptions DO NOT apply to international carriage.

    British Association of Dangerous Goods Professionals

    See Sitemap for links to all content, or use the Search.

    Privacy Notice | Website Privacy Policy | Data Protection Policy
    © 2020 British Association Of Dangerous Goods Professionals

    Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software